Being a Truliever
Let us guide you through the process of being a new medical cannabis patient.
Who is eligible for a medical cannabis card?
To become a medical cannabis patient in West Virginia, you must:
● Be diagnosed with a qualifying medical condition
● Have the official written certification from a West Virginia licensed physician
● Be a West Virginia resident with proof of residency (WV Driver’s License or WV State ID card)
Cannabis as medicine
Medical cannabis can support health and wellness in many ways. In West Virginia, you must be diagnosed with one of the following conditions to receive a Medical Cannabis Card:
● Position status for human immunodeficiency virus or acquired immune deficiency syndrome
● Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
● Parkinson’s disease
● Multiple sclerosis
● Damage to the nervous tissue of the spinal cord with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity
● Huntington’s disease
● Crohn’s disease
● Post-traumatic stress disorder
● Intractable seizures
● Sickle cell anemia
● Severe chronic or intractable pain of neuropathic origin or severe chronic or intractable pain
● Terminal illness that is defined as a medical prognosis of life expectancy of approximately one year or less if the illness runs its normal course
Here’s how to apply for a medical marijuana card in the state of West Virginia.
Book an appointment
View a list of licensed medical cannabis physicians. Schedule an appointment with your doctor to discuss your qualifying conditions and potential treatment options.Find a doctor
Apply for ID card
If approved by your doctor, you will receive your Patient Certification and can begin the application process for your medical cannabis card.Get your card
Make your first order
Once you have an active Medical Cannabis Patient Card , visit a Trulieve near you or contact us and we will fill your order based on the medical cannabis recommendation from your doctor.Find a Trulieve
Frequently Asked Questions
September 24, 2018 through an RTO in Canada.
Trulieve is traded on the Canadian Securities Exchange (CSE) under the ticker symbol “TRUL” and on the OTCQX Best Market under the ticker "TCNNF".
Shares of Trulieve cannot be purchased directly from the company, however, stock can be purchased through brokerage firms.
Cannabis can meaningfully impact other activities, such as working out. Recent studies suggest that cannabis can aid with pain, enhance motivation, protect brain cells, help with recovery times, and serve as an anti-inflammatory. Read more about working out with cannabis.
No. Mixing cannabis with other substances can cause significant problems. It can increase the risk of experiencing uncomfortable side effects.
Welcome to Trulieve! If it’s your first time, you’ll need to create a Trulieve account. Then, select your location, add your products to the cart, and you’ll be ready to submit your order. Once your order is set, you will receive a text message. For more information, visit our page How to place an order online.
Currently, aside from cash, we accept two other forms of payment. You may pay with your debit card or the CanPay App, which is linked to your bank account, at no cost.
Visit our page “How much cannabis can I purchase?” and learn more about the medical marijuana use registry.
You must be at least 21 years old to purchase cannabis in the states that allow recreational cannabis sales.
Yes, we will deliver your order to your door anywhere in Florida. Give us a call at 1-844-TRULIEV (878-5438) or visit our online shop to place your order. The delivery fee is $15.
Trulieve Offers the following discount programs:
- All new patients receive 50% off their first order
- All patients receive 15% off their second order
- $75 Off With $150 Purchase Or More When You Renew Your ID Card
- Veterans receive 20% off every order
- SNAP card holders receive 10% off every order
- Trulievers is our patient loyalty program. Every 500 points earns you 10% off your next order. This discount can be combined with The SNAP and Veterans discounts.
We currently have strains in Indica, Sativa, Hybrid, and CBD. Please click here to see all our strain varieties for each product.
Yes. All patients and legal representatives must obtain an identification card to gain access to medical cannabis.
We offer a variety of low-THC cannabis products from capsules products to vaporizers to liquid. View our products to learn more.
You must have photo identification that shows the full name and date of birth of the patient or guardian/caretaker of the patient, as well as your State Department of Health Identification Card.
Free delivery for orders over $200 and patients 65 years of age or older. $15 delivery fee applies.
Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD) are the main cannabinoids in cannabis.
THC is known for its psychotropic effects, and it's what makes people feel euphoric.
CBD has no or few psychotropic effects. It counteracts the effects of THC, regulating various aspects of your body such as appetite, sleep, emotions, pain etc.
To use medical marijuana, you must have a condition that qualifies for it. These conditions, listed in newly passed Amendment 2 laws, include:
- Seizure disorders
- Appetite loss
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis)
- MS (Multiple Sclerosis)
- Chronic Nonmalignant Pain
- Other debilitating conditions*
*Other debilitating medical conditions are those for which a physician believes that the medical use of marijuana would likely outweigh the potential health risks for a patient.
An authorized physician is one who has completed the training required for ordering medical cannabis for patients.
Trulieve is not directly affiliated with any prescribing physicians.
Ask more questions
We want you to have a great cannabis experience. Call or chat with us if you have more questions.
How to place an order
Find out how to place an online order for in-store pick up or delivery.
Explore some of the most common terms and concepts related to the world of cannabis.
Find a dispensary
Find a Trulieve near you and explore a range of products that suit your needs.