yields- 12 slices
- 3 or 4 ripe tomatoes,diced
- 1 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1/2 Tbsp binske Tincture Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 3-5 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced* or chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, TO TASTE
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, more or less to taste
- 1/2 baguette French bread or similar Italian bread
- 1 tablespoon & 1 tsp binske Tincture Olive Oil
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. As the water is heating make shallow cuts in a cross pattern at the tip ends of the tomatoes (this will make the tomatoes easier to peel).
Once the water is boiling, remove the pot from the heat. Put the tomatoes in the hot water and blanch for 1 minute.
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C) with a rack in the top slot of the oven.
- Dice tomatoes, toss them with garlic, binske Tincture Olive Oil, vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper. Stir in the thinly sliced basil and add salt and freshly ground black pepper, adding more to taste.
- Use a bread knife to slice the baguette on the diagonal making half-inch thick slices. Brush one side of each slice with binske Tincture Olive Oil (a pastry brush helps here) and place olive oil-side down on a baking sheet or roasting pan.
- When the oven has reached 450°F (230°C) place the slices in the oven on the top rack and toast for 5 to 6 minutes until lightly browned around the edges.
- Arrange the toasted bread on a platter, olive oil side facing up (the olive oil will keep the bread from getting soggy from the tomato mixture). Spoon your tomato mixture onto the toasted bread.
Start cooking with cannabis-infused olive oil binske Tinctures now!