THC Infused Horchata
- 1 cup of white rice (uncooked)
- 1 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of chopped almonds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 12 oz can of evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cup of milk (chilled)
- TruClear, warmed
- 1 liter of water
- Start by soaking the rice, cinnamon, and almonds in a bowl of water for at least 4 hours so that the rice is slightly softened (overnight is best if possible)
- While the mixture is soaking, put the milk into a saucepan and bring to a simmer
- Remove from heat then stir in the TruClear
- Put into fridge to chill completely
- Strain the water from the rice mixture and dispose of the water
- In your blender, add the rice mixture with the evaporated milk and blend until smooth. (All the grains of rice should be ground)
- Strain the blended mixture into a pitcher, add your sugar, vanilla and infused milk
- Mix well until everything is well combined, add a liter of water and serve over ice!
*Short on time?
Substitute step 1 by bringing the rice, cinnamon and almond mixture to a boil. Lower the heat and allow to simmer for 25 minutes. Make your milk and stir while letting it sit in an ice bath to cool faster. You can also put in your freezer, just be sure to stir every few minutes!