Red Velvet Cookies
Yields: 18 cookies
Recipe Created by Ericka Marie
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp gel red food coloring
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 350. Line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Cream your butter, sugar, brown sugar, and TruClear until combined and creamy. Scrape down the sides as needed to make sure everything is incorporated. Beat in the egg, milk, and vanilla extract while still scraping the bowl as needed. Once creamy, add in food coloring and beat until combined. Start incorporating your dry flour mixture into the wet mixture until a dough is formed. (you can add more food coloring if you would like it redder) Add in your chips and stir!
- Form cookies and place onto sheets. Bake for 13 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!