Last week, Trulieve reached out via email and social media channels to let you all know of the actions we were taking as a company to assure a safe and healthy environment for our employees and our patients. As we look back, that seems like an incredibly long time ago. I want to personally connect this week with an updated message and a few personal thoughts as we all move through this new reality.
With COVID-19, we are globally experiencing an unprecedented virus and healthcare situation. The upheaval to our daily life is being felt and will continue to create uncertainty for all of us. Our patient’s age range is wide, and we recognize that many of our patients are dealing with immune suppressed or other underlying conditions that creates additional challenges. We appreciate these factors and want to make sure we all stay safe and that our patients have access to the medicine needed during this time. We also want you to know that here at Trulieve we have been laser-focused on COVID19 preparedness plans over the last few weeks and are thinking creatively on how best to meet the needs of our patients during this crisis.
Since last week, we have announced new offerings to help make purchasing your medical marijuana easier and safer. We are in the process of rolling out these new initiatives throughout the state today. Given the size and scale of Florida, a few of these new programs will be tested in certain markets before we expand as we want to minimize potential issues. Remember, we are moving fast to keep ahead of this ever-changing coronavirus landscape.
We held a Facebook Live on Thursday to discuss these updates. You can watch the video here but the programs are:
- Seniors Delivery -- Patients 65+ will receive free delivery during this time
- Statewide Delivery – Our delivery service has been reduced due to COVID19 to only $15, with no minimum purchase amount, to encourage us to stay safe at home.
- Social Distancing - Only patients are allowed inside our dispensary at this time – no guests or family members. We’ve also spaced chairs in the lobby all to reduce lobby traffic and interactions to meet social distancing guidelines
- Mobile Hubs – New pilot program with new locations daily for online ordering and curbside picks ups at designated locations. Stay in your car and get your medicine! First location will be in Miami starting Saturday. See our website for more details! Debit and CanPay only.
- Pick Up Only Locations – Starting on Saturday March 21 with Stuart, Ft Lauderdale and Tallahassee locations – we are not having walk-ins but pick up appointments only to reduce interactions.
- Designated Care Hour – Another new program. Starting tomorrow, Saturday, March 21st, dispensaries will now be dedicating the first hour of opening to patients who are immunocompromised.
- Online Ordering – And as always, online ordering is available for pick-up or delivery. We’ve increased staffing and our fleet of cars to service our customers. And, we encourage you to use the new chat feature to speak with a Trulieve representative.
Trulieve is committed to the safety and well-being of our patients and customers. It's one of our core values which has built our loyal Truliever community and keeps us as the market leader in Florida. Operationally, we also want to assure our patients that our supply chain is prepared which should minimize disruption in the weeks and months ahead and we’ve increased production to have a robust supply of inventory on hand for our stores. We are all in this together and Trulieve will do what we can to help deliver the medicine patients have come to rely on.
I join you in hoping that this dark period will pass soon, and we will all be on to sunnier days ahead.
Stay safe and healthy. Onward –