THC Infused Strawberry Canna-chews
Yields- 150 pieces
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/3 cups water (room temperature)
- 2 tbsp butter softened (more for buttering hands)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 packages Strawberry Lemonade unsweetened Kool aid
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lecithin
- Butter a large jelly roll pan or cookie sheet with sides well.
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the sugar and cornstarch.
- Add corn syrup, water, butter, lecithin and salt, stir on medium until melted.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and stop stirring when you reach a boil.
- Cook mixture until candy thermometer read 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Immediately remove from heat.
- Carefully stir in vanilla extract, TruClear and drink mix.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Allow to cool enough to handle, 15 minutes.
- Butter hands and begin pulling, until opaque and light in color, usually about 15 minutes. You will need to butter your hands a few times.
- Pull into long ropes and cut into bite sized pieces with buttered scissors or a buttered pizza cutter, or push into mold.
- Wrap pieces individually in a cellophane or wax wrappers.